Tuesday, September 22, 2009

so...

I really miss having my friends to go shopping with. My husband has decreed that Saturday, I belong to him. Ok...I'm cool with that. He won't tell me what he has in mind, just to have my nicest dress and shoes in a bag and ready to go Saturday morning. Aside from the fact that that kind of makes it hard to do my hair or makeup in preparation, I'm pretty excited. Only one problem. All of my "nice" dresses are from highschool. 6 years and 30lbs ago. Except one. I have one LBD that has seen me through all of my "nice dress" occasions...including my wedding, almost a year ago. (Short, sleevless, low cut. Not really too suitable for the chilly weather we've been having.) So he said money be damned, basically, if I need a new dress to go and buy one. Wonderful, right? How many men tell their wife to feel free to go buy a new dress?

Only one problem. I have no one to go with. My friends have all left. I have a few "friends" (i.e. girls/women/ladies that I would like to call friends but they never really want to do anything with me. We just chat once in a while.) but no one I really feel like I could go, "Hey lets go shopping after work!" to. I'm not terribly outgoing and I haven't really made any friends at church either, or at work. (My only friend that's nearby that I would be that comfortable with is a guy. A litlte awkward since I'm married and...a guy, shopping, who isn't gay? Yeah right.) So, I'm kind of Cloth Creek without a Stylist. Does that really work? Oh well, I guess it's up to me to figure this out.

No comments: