Friday, February 11, 2011

On....stuff

What has there been to say?  Some days I hate it here so much, miss my family and friends, my home, my old job so much that I could sit and cry for hours?  No one wants to hear that.  That some days I love the independance of moving away from everyone we know, the lack of obligations, the excitement of life, that I never want to go back?  No one wants to hear that either.

So I just keep plodding along.  A new friend told me that I was too responsible, so I quit my job.  There were many reasons, just a few of which: I was working crappy hours, made crappy money, had to babysit their kid (in the middle of pottytraining) while also trying to work, got yelled at constantly, had to deal with double standards and so much more.  I lasted a little over six months, gave them a weeks notice and they told me that I could just leave that afternoon.  Really?  The only thing I miss was the kid.  I didn't like having to work and take care of her at the same time, but there's just something endearing about having your bosses kid walk in and immediately climb in your lap and give you a hug because she's gotten to know you so well over the last few months.  Really, this kid could even talk about the shoes I wore last week.  NOT KIDDING.

And, without going in to too much detail for people, we've found out that it will be hard for us to have kids.  We've been "letting nature take it's course" for almost 2 years and nothing, so I'm guessing it'll be pretty hard indeed.  It kills me to see kids and hear people talk about their kids.  And I hate myself for that because I love kids and I love my friends.  It's a love/hate thing going on with me right now.  I can't really talk about because my husband just feels guilty and then sulks and pouts when I do.  Oh well, I'm almost 24.  Another 16 years and I won't have to worry about it anymore, right?

I was offered a job today as an office assistant and eventual office manager once i get a feel for the job and company.  I'll be making much better money, with benefits.  I'll have to go clothes shopping because I don't own very many clothes dressy enough for this job.  I've sold out.  I swore I'd never work just for money and insurance and thats exactly what I've done.  And for what reason???  Who am I becoming?  Oh, right.  An adult.  Great.

So thats what's going on in my life.  Greetings from Snowy Colorado!  HA!

No comments: