Friday, December 11, 2009

Everything & Nothing

J didn't have the flu. Well, the dr. still insists that he did (he never had a single flu symptom) but I really think he's just trying to cover his own ass. Instead, we were told that he's not processing his food right. He eats and it's just sitting there. So that, combined with a touch of IBS, and he's still not feeling great. The solution? Diet change. Less heavy food like pastas and breads, more veggies. (Gross.) Less prservatives, acids, caffine (pretty tough for the King of the Mountain....DEW) and meat and a lot more veggies. Smaller portions, which is tough. The boy is always hungry and smaller portions is making him cranky. So, less meat, less bread, less pasta....everything that I actually LIKE. Less coffe, pop, Kool-Aid (which I've been nagging about anyway. I can't stand when people are addicted to caffine and say they can't stand the "taste" of water....but I'm not judging and that's another blog completely)and more fruits and veggies. I'm not a fruit and veggie fan. I never have been. I was raised meat and potatoes and eat veggies sparingly to keep you regular. So, if anyone has any clever ways of disguising the things to make them appealing, please share.

Almost every female I know continues to be pregnant or having small babies. Even the ones I know shouldn't procreate and pass on the stupid gene. Yes, it's mean, but we all know I'm right. Anyway, it's really killin me.

1 year mark for J and I on Wednesday. We were hoping to go back to Vegas. Yeah, right. Instead we're going out to eat tonight. We're taking his mom with us. I have mixed feelings on this.

The boss is being a butt again. He says if Obama makes him pay for health care then about half of the employees are going to be laid off, permanently, so he can afford the health care. This is maddening for so many reasons. Mainly, to me, if he weren't busy pyaing for three houses and buying his wive $2,000 purses, he could afford to keep his business up to OSHA standards and pay his good employees enough to keep them around. GRRR.

Still job hunting, obviously.

It's butt ass cold. It's been somewhere between 10 and 15 degrees all week. This does not look promising for the dress I was planning on wearing for said aniversary tonight.

When J and I first started living together, THIS was his idea of cooking for me.

Yes, that is a pink bunny Peep.  Yes, it is on fire, on a fork.  Yes, he is blowing out the pink bunny peep.  Yummy, roasted rabbit.

Last night, he fixed dinner.  Ok, so he made over my left over salmon and rice.  It was still good.  I don't have any pics, but I do have a pic of dessert:

A big improvement, huh?  Hot chocolate or Fireside Coffee, or whatever.  Coaco and instant coffee.  No, not whipped cream.  Skim milk that he shook and turned in to whipped cream.  I was very impressed.  He's taking to this eating better thing than I am.

3 comments:

Yellow Beads said...

Hi Kate, please send me your addres so I can mail you the Tyson Chicken coupon (worth $10!). My eamil is wpmomof2 @ yahoo dot com.

Tiffany said...

What!!! Mother in Law went with...so wouldn't happen at my house :(

Anonymous said...

A diet change during the holidays? That's no fun!